The Summer High School Internship is a hands-on experience that pairs students with Assistant District Attorneys, offering an insider’s view of the inner working of one of the largest DA’s offices in the country. Selected students will be assigned to a unit within the DA’s office and will support the work of Assistant District Attorneys and other members of the DA’s staff. The program is open to qualifying sophomores, juniors and rising seniors who reside in and attend school in Brooklyn. Applicants must be able to commit to the entire duration of the internship, which will run from July 10, 2017 through August 11, 2017, from 9am-4pm, Monday through Thursday, and 9am-2pm on Friday. Students will receive a weekly $150 stipend and a MetroCard.
To ensure that every student who has interest has the opportunity to apply, the application deadline has been extended to Friday, May 5th.
More information can be found at http://brooklynda.org/internships/
(download this flyer here.)
- Assist with legal research and analysis utilizing various sources such as the internet, news articles, and legal periodicals.
- Provide assistance to attorneys and support staff at various phases of a matter including pretrial, conference and/or trial.
- Perform a variety of paralegal and/or clerical functions, as required.
- Assist attorneys with case preparation, discovery, file maintenance and organization of court documents.
- Participate in workshops pertinent to different departments and legal zones.
- Participate in judicial, legal and law enforcement observational field trips.
- Observe criminal trials and defendants during sentencing in court.